White lady, Z40 drag killer queen pro street muscle

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
Chaps
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: White lady.. box swap and shop for chassis bit!

Post by Chaps »

And i thought I had wide wheels.............. u go an sneek an extra 2 inch on me!
15x12" is SICK BRA!!!!

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Its the right blend for traction to power at this stage Chaps.. 12 inches of tread on the floor should stick well on the launch with the 350bhp n/a target I am looking at.

Moving forward some more, The rear end has been worked on with Insane Creations and it really is taking shape now.. Ron thinks maybe another month and I will have a tube chassis done ready to be fully welded then for Mark Norton (MSA chassis tag inspection) to come and visit to give it its 25.1e tag.

The rear bar has been put in place as has the supporting bars for the 4 link and the 4 link itself put in to position and attached to the rear axle.
We also looked at my seat position on the left as I now wanted to be that side and how much space i had above me for helmet and funny car cage.
Hoping to have the car rolling on wheels by the summer with brakes and suspension at the very least... Exciting times coming up!

Check out Insane creations facebook page for more updates of mine and others cars.

Click below for Rocco build pics
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w114 ... occo%20GT/

insanecreations.net
eefy

Post by eefy »

you really need to trailer that over to the National Meet on the 8th August fella ;) looks awesome :)

Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

That would be good but it wont be ready for showing till a bit later than that. monumental amount of work to be done yet..

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Things are going a bit well at Insane Creations with the White lady. Its starting to look real mean now!

The floor is all but done and we have been making up the funny car cage that goes around me within the car to give me extra security in the event of a crash. You have no doubt seen the crashes and how people manage to walk away from it and this chassis gives me that same chance. No risks and although more expense I value my life a lot lol.

Over the next week the cage will be done and the other tubes such as door bars and tubes supporting the front horns for the suspension. Once the chassis is done the body mounts will be made and fixed, after I would imagine the body comes of and the whole chassis tig welded shut. The body is being fixed so it is removable as will be the front end when made up.

insanecreations.net
mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by mr.brown »

Jaz?

Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Very nice and light too! only in it for about 10 seconds anyway lol

insanecreations.net
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

is it normal for the propshaft to run inside the cabin on drag cars? i presume your going to box this in just thinking in terms of ease to remove, wouldnt it be better to have it underneath? unless it does - and its the pics?

eefy

Post by eefy »

loving this build, and Rusty just bring it to the national meet as is lol you know everyone will love it :)

Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

The prop will run inside the car, all safe and sound lol The bottom of the chassis is what you see so can't go lower than that.. my seat is bolted to the floor directly without subframes with the exhaust solid mounted to that.. my legs will be next to the gearbox with a scatter shield around it.. so its not just the prop I gotta worry about lol.

If I can make the national meet the car will need to be a lot further along to be shown. you may just have to wait till next year 8-)

insanecreations.net
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

this was going to be my next few questions! how close is the box / exhaust etc to you? You could pop the exhausts out the side of the car rather than run tho the car? or is this against class regs?

Rusty is gonna Shake, Rattle N RolL inside that wee scirocco!! every credit mate - this is a proper build!!

Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

It's going to be a bit of a ride to say the least. I reckon we have about 10 tubes left to add then we are done on that side of things.
I sat in the other day and realised how little space I have to play with. being around big yank racers so long left me deceived. be sure as eggs are eggs she will look beautiful as I don't know any other way and pulling hood numbers and loud noises everywhere! #buildthedream

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

Things cooking nicely in the Insane Creations workshop!
Body has been removed and the chassis is just about ready for a weld up, I have been waiting a long time to see it without the body on and first impressions are 'small' and 'cosy' lol
Motor plate and gearbox plates were made and fitted also last week and Ron started on the lower arms to keep those legs from going outwards!
Still a million miles to go but its a huge step towards getting her as a full rolling chassis.

You will notice two different wheel pictures.. one is my 15x12 and the other is Ron's Mustang race car 15x15 with hooooooge tyres! (not a chance they are going on lol)

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Post by Rusty dan »

family hols in Morocco concluded and back to reality for us.. This week ron is busy seam welding my tubes on the chassis and I can start shopping again for chassis parts to have her rolling. rear coilovers and springs.. half shafts. rebuild kits for the shafts and axle is just the start! The next few weeks are going to be very exciting down at insane creations

insanecreations.net
Rusty dan

Re: White lady.. #buildthedream

Post by Rusty dan »

Well things took a big step at Insane creations after the body was removed! Ron started tig welding the chassis up and we have successfully removed the chassis from the jig, I am able to lift it from either end so its not heavy and has some strength in depth!

Next up after the chassis is welded is to fit the custom made lower arms, rear suspension and axle which may have to be narrowed yet. Miles to go but such an exciting stage of the build and parts shopping continues to get the chassis rolling. This is gonna be mental once built :twisted:

insanecreations.net