The Zender Z40 Build

Scirocco Register members projects

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: The Zender Z40 Build

Post by GTXTRA » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 pm

Title Changed Phil.

Serial Rocco-ist.........

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Favourite Scalextric car when I was younger, Lotus JPS. Favourite car now, still Mk2 Scirocco. Take a good one, Zender body kit, gold wheels, 16v with carbs, JPS colour scheme, Awesome. If you ever get bored with it, give me first dibs!!

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Liking this :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323

isaidthephil

Post by isaidthephil » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 pm

I managed to force myself into the garage this weekend and finally remove all of the original bodykit..... It wasn't as hard as I was expecting but it was sweaty work Image simple case of applying some pressure and getting in behind with a blade to slice the tiger seal.

Seeing as it was all I removed I then took it upon myself to line up all the kit down one side along with the spoiler and it got me excited Image

Tonight I got into the garage again for an hour and took a good look at each piece of the kit to work out how much damage I have to fix. It's not actually as bad as I thought, it just needs a damn good clean up to remove years worth of old bond and some dodgy repairs what have obviously been done whilst the kit was fitted..... Oh and alot of stone chip protection.

The spoiler also needs alot of work but nothing too scary. The plastic brackets that hold the foils are broken so they'll be remade in ally which Tom at Dreadnought has kindly offered to help with and then the two ends that bond to the body of the car have been butchered when removed. Looking online this should actually be a pretty simple fixed filling the hole with tiger seal.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mk2daz
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by mk2daz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 pm

Awesome!