Red Rocco resto mod

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
hubbadubba
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Red Rocco resto mod

Post by hubbadubba »

Just a few bits to finish off, Momo Prototipo heritage steering wheel chosen for it's closeness to the early mk1 Rocco wheels, filled in some cracks and dyed the dash black, a bit shiny to start with but it has toned down to a duller sheen now, cooling system was done now and installed a slightly higher pressure radiator cap trying to avoid any loos of coolant too prematurely
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hubbadubba

Post by hubbadubba »

Finished the fuel lines in braided ptfe line with 6an black fittings, not into the whole red and blue fittings look for a road car then took the car back to the engine tuners to get the final wiring for the ecu installed and get it fired up, this was around 4 or 5 days work, fired nicely, didn't boil up, had some tuning of the rad fan to do via the laptop and found we needed a wider band coolant temp sensor so ended up sourcing and oil temp one with a wider range, seems better now, also installed a lower temp opening thermostat which seems to keep things in check too, Cpl of pics of finished item
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hubbadubba

Post by hubbadubba »

The Rocco has been on the road now for around 4 months, ran the engine in, changed out the oil and had it back to the tuners for a rolling road session, Dyno day came along and I was paranoid it was gonna go bang or something but all was good, 4 hr mapping session revving the nuts off it at points and managed to squeeze 201hp out of it on one of the hottest days of the summer, may give a little more on colder days, all I know is it feels rapid, taken the car to a few shows and it's been well received winning some trophies which is great, it's been a journey for sure but they always are, since doing the Golf then this Rocco, I am ready to tackle the mk1 Caddy we have, promised to do house up first tho :-(
Caddy will be R32 if I get my way :thankyou:

mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

Amazing standard of work. If mine looks half as good when finished I'll be happy.

kidcrewbob

Post by kidcrewbob »

Awesome - just awesome!!!!

hubbadubba

Post by hubbadubba »

Thanks guys :-D

isaidthephil
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by isaidthephil »

Great build this buddy. I am just rebuilding my MK2 with a similar engine so your engine mods looks like things I will look to do :)

hubbadubba

Post by hubbadubba »

isaidthephil wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:50 pm Great build this buddy. I am just rebuilding my MK2 with a similar engine so your engine mods looks like things I will look to do :)
Cheers, if you need any info drop me a message :good: