1990 GTII Rebuild

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
ncslee
fill in the right answer: 15

1990 GTII Rebuild

Post by ncslee »

<t>Hi, Just thought I'd share a few Pictures of my Project.<br/>
<br/>
Bought the car 2 1/2 years ago after having a 1984 Mars red GTi (B555VAG) around 30 years ago<br/>
<br/>
Did most of the welding repairs etc. around 18 months ago but got bored. I've now restarted & it's coming together nicely.<br/>
<br/>
Swapped the rear axle out for a powder coated replacement, new stub axles, hubs, calipers & disc brakes. Complete new suspension, wishbones bushes etc. Bilstein Shocks all round. New steering rack. Gear linkages replaced/rebushed. Replacement servo & master cylinder, Wilwood Bias valves to rear circuit. Calibra calipers to front. Just repainted insides of front wings ready to refit. Engines just had rebore, new pistons, rings, shells & big ends. Cylinder head skimmed new valve guides, oil seals & new hydraulic tappets. will rebuild next week with new oil pump, water pump cambelt & tensioner. Weber carb going for refurb.<br/>
<br/>
Hopefull ready for complete repaint after Christmas & ready for road in Spring!</t>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ncslee

Re: 1990 GTII Rebuild

Post by ncslee »

Few More Pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlackGTX

Re: 1990 GTII Rebuild

Post by BlackGTX »

Some serious work there, whilst the engine is out strenghen the bulk head where the clutch cable comes through as it splits there. There is a mk1 repair plate you can get on ebay but needs trimming or there os the south african clutch cable conversion