Help Needed for Track/Rally Rocco

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
magoo128
fill in the right answer: 15

Help Needed for Track/Rally Rocco

Post by magoo128 »

Well after quite some time of wanting one and never having the opportunity I have actually managed to obtain two Mk2 Scirocco a GT 11 and a Scala. Now i am not quite sure if I can bring myself too or indeed afford too but I would love to turn one of them into a track/rally car for track days, autosolos etc. My good friend who is a handy Rally driver...SAID NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THOSE!!! I dont like to be told never going to happen and would love to prove him wrong. The excitement I get when even sitting in these cars is crazy and although only had the scala running the little rip of it is awesome and makes me grin from ear to ear...Brakes and steering...not so much...both projects but I would love to make a ripper. This is where I hope you guys can help me out with Advice, parts, anything that will help, even whether It can be done or whether I am p***ing in the wind. I dont have an great budget so would need to be as light on the old wallet as possible.

Hope you kind lot will have some advice, part suggestions, parts for sale etc that would help.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
sciroccos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mr.brown

Re: Help Needed for Track/Rally Rocco

Post by mr.brown »

Google "Lloyd Allard Scirocco" and you'll see just how far you can go with a mk2 ;-)

There are literally hundreds of mk1 Golf track cars out there and essentially a mk1/2 Scirocco is a mk1 Golf underneath.

Have a read of this to see how far you can take a mk1 Golf

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?1 ... icking-P62

There's lots of good info on Club GTI about suspension, engines etc - not too many rally cars about but I'm sure a quick search will turn something up.

magoo128

Post by magoo128 »

Brilliant thanks for that. I'll get over there and have a look. Yeah I see loads of golf's but few sciroccos. Another friend had said you can plant an S2 engine in there but unsure of running gear, but I would like to stick as much as poss with orginal engine and mod that, suspension, brakes etc.

the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

There's a rally-prepped mk2 for sale on eBay at the moment (car is in Finland).

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
the edmundator
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by the edmundator »

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
magoo128

Post by magoo128 »

Yeah i saw that one. However lloyd allards...now we're talking.