GT2 2.08V mini project (youtube)

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

GT2 2.08V mini project (youtube)

Post by essextom »

Ive started a mini refurbish/ project on my gt2 2.0 8v.

plan is -
repaint
exhaust
gear linkage
general tidy up.

This is all being captured on my youtube channel found here-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtoApB ... Q/featured

mk2daz
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: GT2 2.08V mini project (youtube)

Post by mk2daz »

Nice one Tom, keep the vids coming!

I'm hoping to start putting some stuff up on my own youtube soon too.

essextom

Post by essextom »

mk2daz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:44 pm Nice one Tom, keep the vids coming!

I'm hoping to start putting some stuff up on my own youtube soon too.
cheres buddy, yep new video will be up at the weekend hopefully.

looking forward to seeing yours. your red car looks very clean at the moment

essextom

Post by essextom »

essextom

Post by essextom »

Thought i should update on the progress to the gt2.

There is a YouTube series I've made for this which you can see here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtoApB ... hK3tDfTW_Q

but in general this is what I've been up to-

The car has had a few repairs to the rear qtrs. before with the paint repairs not being the best so the plan was to give it a quick lick of paint to the rear qtrs. and get it back on the road. Unfortunately when i removed the rubber side strips it pulled some of the old paint, so i decided to paint the whole thing.

There were quite a few small car park dings and some of the paint on the kit was blistered so what i thought would be a quick 3 week job turned into a few months working a couple of evenings a week on it. This is the first car I've fully painted myself, I've painted body kits and small panels before but never a whole car, overall I'm pretty happy with how it has come out.

Once the paint was finished i decided to fit a Dreadnought front splitter (available soon), Dreadnought eyebrow spoiler (available now). I've also cut the rear arches to lower it some more and generally tidied up a number of things on the exterior.
rocco 1.jpg
Tic TAc's! a number of months ago i made a number of designs of race livery inspired Scirocco's (see my Instagram/ Facebook/ website) this stemmed from the idea of making a race rep style Rocco after seeing an old green tic tac liveried BMW E30. I'm not sure i shared pics of the Tic TAc design as i was trying to keep it a bit on the low in case i actually did it, a few other designs, JPS, Texaco etc.. came into mind but i thought white tic tacs on black car would stand out the most, and i wanted a stand out car.

So anyway I've got a vinyl plotter so i printed off the stickers and spent a fair amount of time swearing at the car whilst myself and the workshop were covered in stickers trying to get it ready for Beetle Juiced show (which was yesterday). Very glad i actually followed my instincts and did it as i was a bit hesitant beforehand, the car seems to have gone down pretty well, the kids seem to love it at least and i won one of the sponsors awards at Beetle Juiced, i'm a happy bunny.

Loads more to do with the car, mainly the following-
custom rear lights
engine bay paint and tidy up
boot build
neons
loads of other bits n bobs

So this is the car -
rocco.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

james butler

Post by james butler »

noice :vcool:

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!