Show us your Mk2 - picture thread.......

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Nutty
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Show us your Mk2 - picture thread.......

Post by Nutty »

In the mean while Nutty has returned to the Queen's highway for the first time in 25 or so years, forgotten how much fun it is to drive a petrol car, no great drama, just a bit of smoke from the manifold where I spilled a bit of oil. started off a bit rough, got better as things warmed up, will have to take photo's tomorrow, from quite a distance, the further away you stand the better it looks....

The first tool invented was a hammer, the second a bigger hammer
Kdc169

Post by Kdc169 »

Scirocco mk2 https://imgur.com/gallery/VJ2Y5nk

Picked this up recently... been of the road for a number of years.. but got it running and starting to repair rust.

C 20 CCO

Post by C 20 CCO »

Nice colour, and a factory sun roof too[emoji106].
I’ve seen the ronal wheels powder coated to match the purple corrado they were fitted to. Looked really nice. Might not have the same effect in gunmetal though; is your Rocco a gunmetal colour??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kind regards,

Dave.

To be old and wise......
You must first be young and stupid!

Previously owned: 1984 1.6 CL in alpine white; 1986 1.6 GT in met light blue over black body kit; 1990 1.8 GT2 in silver.
Currently: 1991 GT2 in Pearl green metallic.
GT_II

Post by GT_II »

Pearl Grey Metallic, left the Karmann factory on 17 June 1992.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Kdc169

Post by Kdc169 »

C 20 CCO wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:15 pm Nice colour, and a factory sun roof too[emoji106].
I’ve seen the ronal wheels powder coated to match the purple corrado they were fitted to. Looked really nice. Might not have the same effect in gunmetal though; is your Rocco a gunmetal colour??

Think will just refurb as standard the ronal, have another set with the same condition with lacquer peeling. there on my green cabby.
LA7U i think colour code grey pearl metalic

Kdc169

Post by Kdc169 »

C 20 CCO wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:15 pm Nice colour, and a factory sun roof too[emoji106].

Think will just refurb as standard the ronal, have another set with the same condition with lacquer peeling. there on my green cabby.
LA7U i think colour code grey pearl metalic