Introduce yourself

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by GTXTRA »

bruntonpasty wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:27 pm
GTXTRA wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:20 pm
bruntonpasty wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:51 pm Hello all...................
Just signed up yesterday and, not even got the car yet! Oh yes..."the car"!! I've somehow managed to buy myself a 1987 GTX, being delivered on Friday. Looking forward to that and looking in here for good info and advice. I do know a little bit about cars as I was a technician and a master technician for a while but packed the trade in 15 years ago.

Cheers, Bruntonpasty

Welcome - a GTX saved by the sound of things!
Yeah, she's worth saving I reckon just need to start and collect some bits and pieces in readiness for a coat of paint. There isn't a lot of "traffic" on here? Or much in the way of spares for sale? Any suggestions?

yeah - the forum has slowed down in recent years but still where most of the historical knowledge is.

We're on Facebook as Scirocco Register quite actively and one of the regulars set up a buying/selling page - snappily titled 'Mk1 and Mk2 Scirocco parts for sale/wanted worldwide' that is quite busy.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by GT_II »

Hi, after over 4 years of owning my GT II, and keeping an eye on what's happening on the forums (I'm not on Facebook), I thought it was about time to say hello. I've met a few folks on here already at shows and national meets.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity of joining a small gathering of the Leicestershire and Warwickshire VWOC at Stanford Hall - hopefully a taste of what's to come in August if the show currently planned is allowed to go ahead. I took a couple of snaps of my Scirocco at the end of the afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow roccoists again at the remixed national on 7 August.

Alfred
VW Scirocco GT II by the River Avon.jpg
VW Scirocco GT II at Stanford Hall.jpg
Welcome along
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
C 20 CCO

Post by C 20 CCO »

Nice pictures, the weather helps if it’s behaving! I went to the Stanford hall meeting the year before lockdown, and the show was great.

Nice low mileage example you have there, and hope to see you at future shows pending restrictions being lifted.
Point of note:
You may want to check that DVLA have got the correct information for insurance purposes.... this registration is still showing sorn as of 31/5.
Online information may not update and show incorrect information.

kind regards,

Dave.

To be old and wise......
You must first be young and stupid!

Previously owned: 1984 1.6 CL in alpine white; 1986 1.6 GT in met light blue over black body kit; 1990 1.8 GT2 in silver.
Currently: 1991 GT2 in Pearl green metallic.
GT_II

Post by GT_II »

C 20 CCO wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 am You may want to check that DVLA have got the correct information for insurance purposes.... this registration is still showing sorn as of 31/5.
Online information may not update and show incorrect information.
Thanks C 20 CCO, I taxed it online yesterday before the trip and will SORN it again tonight, DVLA seem to take a day or two to update the database. Luckily I didn't encounter traffic cops, although I took the precaution of ticking the box for an email confirmation just in case.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Flags

Post by Flags »

Hi, introduction time.
I’m new to Scirocco’s but had plenty of VW’s in the past.
I bought a Scala that had apparently been restored and needed a bit of recommissioning but it turned out to be little more than scrap.
By then it was too late and I had the bug so picked up a tired but fairly solid 83 GL. It’s never been messed with apart from plenty of filler in a poor repair at the rear where someone used a post as a reversing sensor.

It’s just starting to scab on the rear of the sills at the arches and bottom of 1 door. The paint is faded in places and pin dents down both sides so the bodywork is booked in to be sorted in a couple of weeks but for know it’s a quick service, sort out some running/carb issues and enjoy it.

I’ll post some photos once I’ve worked it out.

Terry

Tuna

Post by Tuna »

Hi guys just joint to forum
I have a 1981 storm in a loverly shade of brown

msh209

Post by msh209 »

Hello my name is Mike, I'm working on bringing my dads scirocco GT2 1992 mk2 back to life and looking healthy. He gave it to some years ago and I want to keep it on the road.

There is plenty to fix. So far had success with the sunroof, speedo, central locking, some bodywork but stuck on the temp gauge sensor. Anyway Im making progress but thought it would make sense to join the forum as there are lots of things I cant get easy answers to and hopefully you guys will know.

So hello everyone and cheers

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by mark1gls »

Welcome msh209.
Good the hear your getting the Scirocco back on the road.
Ask any questions in the right section of the forum and hopefully we can help/offer advice to help you. :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
msh209

Post by msh209 »

Thankyou and will do! Got a temp sender sensor issue at the moment looks like I ordered the wrong one. Will post somewhere relevant with questions or potentially useful info if I get it sorted.