Random Act of Kindness

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Yolandi2
fill in the right answer: 15

Random Act of Kindness

Post by Yolandi2 »

hi all, just thought id share a short story of the quite nice events that happened today

so a few months ago while driving with a bit too much enthusiasm I lost my left hand mirror to a close wall, this has been a great annoyance ever since, and has been a "ill get round to it" job until now.

after returning from the shops I looked out the front window at my faded red rocco and noticed something left on my bonnet, from a distance mildly resembling a mirror, my heart sank as I immediately thought someone had driven past and smashed the other one off so I went out to have a look.

as I got closer to the car what actually had happened became more clear, somone had left a near mint condition left hand mirror assembly for a scirocco on my bonnet! I cant explain how happy I was :D

just goes to show there are still some cool people in this world :)

1990 mk2 GT2
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Random Act of Kindness

Post by mark1gls »

That’s a good story, perhaps if you keep leaving your car in the same place other bits of trim etc may appear.... :-D

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
hiltow

Re: Random Act of Kindness

Post by hiltow »

Great to know there's people out there with such intelligent generosity.