8's all round on mk2

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
chrispike

8's all round on mk2

Post by chrispike »

i have seen a set o compomotive 15's that look spot on but i am unsure as to wether 8 is too wide. and if they do go on do you have to stretch the rubber alot as i had a corrado on streched rubber and it cornered like a wet sack and the rocco is almost spot on, and its along way to go if they definatley wont go on. its on coils so low but adjustable. wondering what is the widest anyone on here was running??

cheers

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 8's all round on mk2

Post by GTXTRA »

Hi chris, I am running 8 x 16 with 205/40 rubber on the rear of the scala. Rear arches needed to be rolled and even with the Weitec coilies I seem to be OK on clearance.
Fronts are 7 x 16 with 195/40 rubber, with this suspension setting I think 8's might be too much on the front of a Rocco clearance wise.

DFunk had 8's on front of his his old car -

and possibly bigger on the rear

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Mr Funk

Re: 8's all round on mk2

Post by Mr Funk »

That size should be fine but, as Sean hs pointed out, you may want the arches doing at the rear if you plan to cut grass with it.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.