Snowflake wheels

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
ridinggod

Snowflake wheels

Post by ridinggod »

Hi
I want to put the original Snowflakes back on my Scala (White ones)
But they are looking a bit sad :beg:
I am thinking of just painting them all over white as the budget wont go to putting them back to original
Has anyone got any tips on the best way of cleaning them up ready for painting ? I dont really want to have to take the tyres off again due to cost
Im thinking of somthing like wire brush on a drll then sanding ?

Thanks
Wayne :good:

sidewalkdave

Re: Snowflake wheels

Post by sidewalkdave »

i put nitromorse on mine (the wheels where off the car) then used an old tooth brush to take the old laquer off then used wet and dry paper to remove the black marks then painted the insides of the wheels and polished the face using metal polish then laquer them i done mine about 8 months ago and did not re-laquer them now i need to rub the face down again which is a fairly long and boring proces.

i think there was some threads on the old forum some may have included pics.
But its worth having a go i spent about £10 on my wheels and they looked really good its worth doing but it does take a bit of time
hope that helps

ridinggod

Re: Snowflake wheels

Post by ridinggod »

Thanks Mate

I have rubbed down and decided to go for all white
Done one looks ok and less messing than trying to put back to original
Thanks

Wayne