BBS Ra varieties and fitment / tyres

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
scirocco_ne
fill in the right answer: 15

BBS Ra varieties and fitment / tyres

Post by scirocco_ne »

Hello Ladies and Gents :)

I have just got a set of Bbs Ra local (£80 so can't complain) and wanted to ask if there is any versions of them that wont fit a standard mk2. They are apparently about 7 wide so its all about offset i guess

I was planning to run them on 195 50 15s and they should be fine shouldnt they on a standard car? They came off a civic but i always thought ra's were vw only so hopefully theyll sit just right in the arch.

They do need a blast and paint but i think this is a fine excuse to play with some chrome 2 stage paint and see just how bright i can get them :) I am curious how bright it goes when you undercoat silver over black.

Thanks
Mick

mr.brown

Re: BBS Ra varieties and fitment / tyres

Post by mr.brown »

Standard VW BBS RAs are 15x6 (et35 I believe)
If you do indeed have 15x7 they are the uber rare BMW variety (and et25).

scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

mr.brown wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:09 pm Standard VW BBS RAs are 15x6 (et35 I believe)
If you do indeed have 15x7 they are the uber rare BMW variety (and et25).
Thanks i suspected as much, i am going to look at them tomorrow so i will measure the rim. Booth sets will fit with no issues on a standard mk2 wont they?

Thanks
Mick

mr.brown

Post by mr.brown »

scirocco_ne wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm Booth sets will fit with no issues on a standard mk2 wont they?

Thanks
Mick
15x7 ET25 will fit but it may feel a bit tramliney at first til you get used to the wider track.

scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

mr.brown wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am
scirocco_ne wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm Booth sets will fit with no issues on a standard mk2 wont they?

Thanks
Mick
15x7 ET25 will fit but it may feel a bit tramliney at first til you get used to the wider track.

Awesome Thanks.

He thinks they are 7s so i will let you know how it goes :)

I just hope they are not powder coated so i can blast them easily

scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

After looking at other ra's online i can see the width and offset are different numbers plaques so they are just standards if the offset is 35

Still worth 80 quid ey
Last edited by scirocco_ne on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scirocco_ne

Post by scirocco_ne »

They look pretty good to be fair after a dip 8-)

This one is damaged on the outer rim but nothing a little weld and reform wont sort ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.