Need Some Wheels, HELP!!

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
hermmy
fill in the right answer: 15

Need Some Wheels, HELP!!

Post by hermmy »

Right, time to find some wheels for my Mk1 storms. I like G60's and the Audi A8 forged winter wheels as well. Any suggestions would be very welcome as at the moment I'm going around in circles!

Thanks.

Village Idiots
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Need Some Wheels, HELP!!

Post by Village Idiots »

I have some original Mk1 wheels if you want to go stock.

Nate

Post by Nate »

I've got some nice 13" steels that are just ring out to be banded. Pick them up and you can have them

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
hermmy

Post by hermmy »

Village Idiots wrote:I have some original Mk1 wheels if you want to go stock.
Thanks for the offer, though already have stock wheels though not in the best condition I was hoping to go down a different route.

Nate wrote:I've got some nice 13" steels that are just ring out to be banded. Pick them up and you can have them
Do you have a pic of them Nate?

Nate

Post by Nate »

Think its these. No centre caps and they will want shot blasting
http://website.lineone.net/~dr.dub/85gt.jpg

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
sabre0699

Post by sabre0699 »

Mk1's look better on something classier, ie cross spoke Lenso's with the painted sections matching the body colour or Corrado G60 BBS RZ wheels, stick to 14" or 15" and no wider than 6.5" for a classic look

hermmy

Post by hermmy »

sabre0699 wrote:Mk1's look better on something classier, ie cross spoke Lenso's with the painted sections matching the body colour or Corrado G60 BBS RZ wheels, stick to 14" or 15" and no wider than 6.5" for a classic look
Thanks for this. I was looking for 15" max. I do like BBS and they look great, though everyone seems to have them and would like something a little bit different. I will check out the ones you suggested thank you, I'm not against them if they look good. :pilot:

sabre0699

Post by sabre0699 »

Have a look on You Tube for the ........ DAYS OF DORFMARK ....... couple of videos of the scirocco/corrado treffens, some really nice ideas for wheels /body mods/colour schemes and what suits the various models .

Mind you there are also some really great examples of tragic 1980's body kits, modifications and colour schemes

hermmy

Post by hermmy »

sabre0699 wrote:Have a look on You Tube for the ........ DAYS OF DORFMARK ....... couple of videos of the scirocco/corrado treffens, some really nice ideas for wheels /body mods/colour schemes and what suits the various models .

Mind you there are also some really great examples of tragic 1980's body kits, modifications and colour schemes
Ha, thanks I'll have a look now!

eefy

Post by eefy »

Best advice take a look in the Mk1 section in either "show us your mk1" or "mk1 appreciation thread" :)