BMW e30 wheels- bolt size required?

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
crashbanggg
fill in the right answer: 15

BMW e30 wheels- bolt size required?

Post by crashbanggg »

I have just bought a set of E30 wheels (14" bbs ones), however it has only just crossed my mind that il need longer bolts as I currently have the standard steelies. So does anyone know what size il need and where would be the cheapest to find a set?

Cheers
Chris

1992 GT2
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: BMW e30 wheels- bolt size required?

Post by GTXTRA »

Try these guys - got some last year for my 7x15 ra'S - an e30 rim.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Atomic-Wheels- ... 7675.l2563

Serial Rocco-ist.........
crashbanggg

Post by crashbanggg »

1992 GT2
Nate

Post by Nate »

Measure how much thread is visible on one of the bolts when you stick it in the steelies. Do the same with the alloy, then work out how much longer bolts you need.

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
Gilb666

Post by Gilb666 »

I ran 14" BMW BBS on my last car, and after about an hour of searching a scrap yard found some SAAB bolts were perfect for the job. Think it was a 95 i got them from.

Also, if you're up this way again and want a spare wheel for the set, i've got one sat here that i haven't got around to scrapping yet

crashbanggg

Post by crashbanggg »

Thanks, but I was impatient and ended up buying the ones I linked to which I think should fit!

Though after doing a test fit of the wheels it would appear the tyres are a bit big so there is some rubbing on full lock... ah well!

And I could possibly be interested in the spare wheel! How much £ would you be looking at for it?

1992 GT2
Gilb666

Post by Gilb666 »

Don't want anything for it dude, its just taking up space at my parent's house. If you've still got my number, drop me a txt and i'll get it down to mine whenever you're ready for it

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

crashbanggg wrote: Though after doing a test fit of the wheels it would appear the tyres are a bit big so there is some rubbing on full lock... ah well!
Remove your poo shields matey. Make sure the insides are Waxoiled or similar and you should be fine

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

If they are 60 profile tyres they should fit - maybe they are 65 as standard on 14'' wheeled e30 beemers they they will be too big regardless.

http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/Wheels

Serial Rocco-ist.........
crashbanggg

Post by crashbanggg »

Mr Funk wrote:
crashbanggg wrote: Though after doing a test fit of the wheels it would appear the tyres are a bit big so there is some rubbing on full lock... ah well!
Remove your poo shields matey. Make sure the insides are Waxoiled or similar and you should be fine
I did wonder whether that should help, il have a play at the weekend and see how it goes!

The tyres that are currently on them are 65's which is where the problem lies, but I do have a set of 60's that I could be able to switch on if needs be, but i'd like to be able to avoid that, so poo shield removal shall be my first port of call!

1992 GT2