Wheel Et

Standard and aftermarket Wheels and Tyres
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Mr Funk

Wheel Et

Post by Mr Funk »

I have an Et question and its fairly important as it'll effect the wheels I get.

The T's have an Et of 35, fairly epic as I'm running the wilwoods and I'm looking at As but they generally only have an et20.

Would I be right in thinking that if I spaced them out they'd clear the brakes and sit at about the same point poke wise under the arches?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Wheel Et

Post by mr.brown »

Space which ones out? The T's or the A's?

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Sorry, should have been clearer. The T's are et35 and sit perfectly in the arch. New As are generally 15-20 so they'd need spacing.

Saying that I think I've found a complete set of 4x100. Et35 7s. Proper rocking horse poop but I need to confirm before buying.

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by GTXTRA »

The lower the et the more the poke Jim.

7's with et 15-20 will stick out even before you add spacers.

Pretty sure that's right chaps no?

Serial Rocco-ist.........
filmidget
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by filmidget »

Think you have it the wrong way round?

Spacing ET20 by 20mm will effectively make them ET0, and stick out a loooong way.

I could be be wrong though as it's still early for a Saturday and I haven't had breakfast yet.

There are some good sites that draw you pretty pictures of this kind of thing, but I can't think that hard at the moment.

'82 GTI 'CagedRoc' - MG Midget - Volvo 850 T5 - Citroen C2 GT - Lilac Trailer Custodian
Current owned:roadworthy factor = 75% (personal record)
mr.brown
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by mr.brown »

As pointed out above, the lower the ET number, the more the wheels will stick out.

With 7x15 ET35 wheels - a 15mm spacer on the rear will make a perfect "arch-filling" ET20