sill panels

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
roccomad
fill in the right answer: 15

sill panels

Post by roccomad »

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get these for my 84 gl. thanks.

whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: sill panels

Post by whiteshark »

Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154394471325

These are not OEM so may not be a perfect fit, but better than nothing. I would of bought a set as spares but the seller will not post to Northern Ireland. Let me know how you get on. Still might buy a set and get them sent to Scotland and my friend can post them from there.

Available for each side. Good luck.

If your after the plastic outer sill panels, all over the bay or drop me a pm of what your after. But based on the year of your car, i'm guessing your after the sill repair panels.

roccomad

Post by roccomad »

Hi, thanks for reply restoring 84gl it needs rear arches and outer sills I don't know if these are what I need not a panel man myself will check with body shop in morning.Thanks again.

whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by whiteshark »

If you need rear arch repair panels, either get a welder that can make cut outs and patch them or get cut outs from a scrapped car. Good Luck!! As yours is a an early model, better getting cut outs if you can. There used to be a guy in Belgium did them, but no more. Could maybe be a club solution / buy option. Was going to enquire with a company in Wexford that make custom body panels. If you drive your car on a regular basis, most common fault in the body work is the rear section below the headlights and the rear arches.
You can still buy a rear section from VW classic , but for the rear arches you have to buy half of the rear of the car and the cost is prohibitive. Or try on the facebook.

daveyheats

Post by daveyheats »

I think Joost has some for sale, so might be worth giving him a shout.

roccomad

Post by roccomad »

I have been in touch with Joost he has arches I can purchase waiting for costs p&p etc. just got to find a way around the outer sills now, the mrs won't let me carve up one of our other ones!! thanks for all your help people.