Window scraper seals

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Window scraper seals

Post by Blueshark »

Group buy is possible, but the problem is P+P I think.

And then comes the tax of import.

Had 4 T-shirts sent over wihich cost €.24 in tax

Joost

jim91

Post by jim91 »

Aye got stuf from states before double price item with post etc that why wondering if group deal any better. Even if they could supply to firm im UK to distribute?

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

Watching this thread as we need a pair for ours.

85 GTS in Pewter Grey Metallic + 86 VW T25 "Tin Top" Camper
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Does any one have the lengh of the seal for the Mk2?
Mk1 golf cabriolet ones are ready avaible and looking at the new one I have for my Golf Cabriolet it's longer than the one fitted to my Mk1 Scirocco so it could be cut down to fit. Not sure if they are the same style?

Mk1 Golf cabriolet ones look like this.
https://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Ou ... 430369.htm

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

mark1gls wrote:Does any one have the length of the seal for the Mk2?
73.5cm in total length.

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I'll measure mine and let you know :good:

Membership No. 323
ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

Need to get mine done asap as the nearside one is now well shot (after I ragged it off :-o :-( ) and rain is getting inside the door. To make it worse I need new clips as well :twisted: plus the fact that, as far as I can see, I need to strip the door panel off to fit the new clips :twisted:

Edit = I wonder if you can still get the clips ?

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

ghost123uk wrote:Image

Need to get mine done asap as the nearside one is now well shot (after I ragged it off :-o :-( ) and rain is getting inside the door. To make it worse I need new clips as well :twisted: plus the fact that, as far as I can see, I need to strip the door panel off to fit the new clips :twisted:

Edit = I wonder if you can still get the clips ?
Still looking into this, but just having a template made for the scrapers is over €.900,00 so do need to be a bit carefull.

Scrapers are going to be fully out of rubber so no metal/aluminium inlay and will then have to be glued on top of door.

Price to produce them (besides template) is not known yet but will keep all informed here.

Door panel does not have to come off to replace the clips.

Clips are available here:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/1718374 ... -jetta-t2/

Joost

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

Blueshark wrote: Door panel does not have to come off to replace the clips.

Clips are available here:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/1718374 ... -jetta-t2/

Joost
Ta for that ^^^ Image

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I had a look at the window scraper seals fitted to my brothers Mk2 Scirocco and they are a different design to what's fitted to a Mk1 Scirocco and Mk1 Golf cabriolet as the Mk1's have a metal trim fitted to the door and then the scraper seal sit's on top of that so I can't see a Mk1 seal working.
If any one has a picture of what's fitted to there door just to check it's the same seal as fitted to a Mk2 Storm..

Picture of a Mk1 seal before I replaced mine, the chrome bit is fitted to the door and the rusty bit above is part of the metal inside the seal.

Membership No. 323
jbo

Post by jbo »

I've heard that mk2 polo items will fit but may require trimming down and they sit noticeably higher than the original items. I've also seen mention of using mk1 Rocco innner scrapers which seem to be more attainable......not sure if anyone can confirm this or not.

I'm in Amerrica at the moment and have recieved a set of the ones I linked to further in this thread. These too do not have the metal insert so I assume they need gluing also. The build quality looks great! :-)

I was going to buy loads to bring back but I grabbed the last set according to the eBay item.

If everyone is desperate then we should be able to get these sent back to the UK easily enough for a group buy.

ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

jbo wrote:I've heard that mk2 polo items will fit but may require trimming down and they sit noticeably higher than the original items. I've also seen mention of using mk1 Rocco innner scrapers which seem to be more attainable......not sure if anyone can confirm this or not.

I'm in America at the moment and have received a set of the ones I linked to further in this thread. These too do not have the metal insert so I assume they need gluing also. The build quality looks great! :-)

I was going to buy loads to bring back but I grabbed the last set according to the eBay item.

If everyone is desperate then we should be able to get these sent back to the UK easily enough for a group buy.

I am desperate !
= I keep worrying about all that rain water going down inside my passenger door :?

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

ghost123uk wrote:
jbo wrote:I've heard that mk2 polo items will fit but may require trimming down and they sit noticeably higher than the original items. I've also seen mention of using mk1 Rocco innner scrapers which seem to be more attainable......not sure if anyone can confirm this or not.

I'm in America at the moment and have received a set of the ones I linked to further in this thread. These too do not have the metal insert so I assume they need gluing also. The build quality looks great! :-)

I am desperate !
= I keep worrying about all that rain water going down inside my passenger door :?

Do not worry about the water, just make sure the holes in the underside of the door are open and the water will run out again.
Also check for the inner membrane/sheet plastic is still in order.

Joost

Aardent
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Aardent »

Hi
I am looking for these too , how did u get on with trials and production ? Would love to get hold of a pair ! Thanks

'84 Storm-Cosmos Blue...
'83 GL Single wiper
'90 Merc 500 SEC
plus a couple of daily's
and a few classics on reserve !
ghost123uk

Post by ghost123uk »

Yes, I am still fairly urgently looking. So much so that I am thinking of trying those "on-line" breakers spare parts request thingies as I have not seen any Roccos in our local 3 breakers for ages now. In the past though, the prices I have been quoted using that "system" (compared to actually visiting the breakers) has been just silly.