drivers seat

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

drivers seat

Post by G Beats »

Our mk 2 Scirocco has the drivers side tilt gone when you try to pull the handle to tilt back and fourth it will not work, now our mechanic says the spring cable to operate the seat and fix the mechanism you can buy these from VW and they are very easy to fit is this all true and I take it you dont have to strip the seat apart to do this? Many thanks that all can help us with this.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
GTXTRA

Re: drivers seat

Post by GTXTRA »

buy cables from dealer or vw heritage.

remove seat.

unclip seat back material - plier is needed to twist the 'spikes' that hold material onto seat frame.

remove broken cable.

fit new cable - this can be a bit fiddly gavin.

refit seat back and then......fit seat back if you see what i mean.

it's simple enough if you're patient - i've done three seats so it must be simple.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I found one of my cables had broken so I use a cable tie to hold the clip up out of the way so how the seat tips forward.

If you pull up the handle up while stilling in the back of the car you will see which side is broken.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

mark1gls wrote:I found one of my cables had broken so I use a cable tie to hold the clip up out of the way so how the seat tips forward.

If you pull up the handle up while stilling in the back of the car you will see which side is broken.
I can not do this as the cable is snapped in half and I will need a new cable.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

GTXTRA wrote:buy cables from dealer or vw heritage.

remove seat.

unclip seat back material - plier is needed to twist the 'spikes' that hold material onto seat frame.

remove broken cable.

fit new cable - this can be a bit fiddly gavin.

refit seat back and then......fit seat back if you see what i mean.

it's simple enough if you're patient - i've done three seats so it must be simple.
Ok right I have spoken to vw classic Heritage today and there are to sort of cables in length 672mm and 765mm please all so see dirgram here---
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Village Idiots

Post by Village Idiots »

The lever operates two cables which release clips either side on the seat base. Only one will have snapped, as Mk1GLS says, operate the lever to check which side is not working. The shorter cable fits the same side as the operating lever; the longer cable fits the other.

G Beats

Post by G Beats »

Village Idiots wrote:The lever operates two cables which release clips either side on the seat base. Only one will have snapped, as Mk1GLS says, operate the lever to check which side is not working. The shorter cable fits the same side as the operating lever; the longer cable fits the other.

ok its snapped half way so can't not be fixed our mechanic has pulled the cable out so i can use the seat, i can get a new cable.

gayle

Post by gayle »

i temporarily fixed mine with a bit of string.not great but it works if you really need to tilt the seat till you get a new cable...

boycott shampoo.demand real poo.
G Beats

Post by G Beats »

gayle wrote:i temporarily fixed mine with a bit of string.not great but it works if you really need to tilt the seat till you get a new cable...

It's ok snapped half way so can't not be fixed our mechanic has pulled the cable out so i can use the seat, until we can get a new cable.