Fuel.sender unit Carb

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Roccoman
fill in the right answer: 15

Fuel.sender unit Carb

Post by Roccoman »

Hi guys,
Bit of assistance required here, I need to replace the sender unit on my 92' GT2, but having trouble finding the correct part/number as I suspect that ot has been swapped for a similar unit years ago....

Anyone came across or done this before at all?

Thanks in advance

WreckTangle

Re: Fuel.sender unit Carb

Post by WreckTangle »

It should be VDO part number 533919051. That was the original part number in my 92 GT2. However, these are not currently readily available new. I thought mine was faulty because of fuel issues when the tank gets below half full. However, I think in fact my problems are to do with a temperamental (Weber) carb. Having discovered that it would be difficult and expensive to find a replacement my plan, had it proved necessary, was to refurbish the original using submersible fuel hose.

The senders from early cars don’t have the fuel and return lines since these originally came out of the tank rather than the sender. So it is unlikely to be worth getting one of these instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mr.brown

Re: Fuel.sender unit Carb

Post by mr.brown »