Re: LED LIGHTBULB Holders and Lights for VDO's

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
whiteshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: LED LIGHTBULB Holders and Lights for VDO's

Post by whiteshark »

Anyone know a good source for getting VDO bulb holders and LED lights for VDO gauges. Looking at going green. Particularly interested in getting the correct bulb holders. Very dear on the bay, for all they are.

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Re: LED LIGHTBULB Holders and Lights for VDO's

Post by james butler »

hmm good shout on this
not what your looking for but i removed the white hood on the back of the cluster and fitted led strips inside and soldered 2 wires that i took to the lighting supply which i found works well
only issue with led is they're really not dimmable, either theyre on, or off.
any way round it is to wire in a controller and then use a remote to dim them or change colour
in my green car however i used cold cathode tubes which are dimable off the headlight dimmer fitted in the same way

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!