How do you remove this damn things?!?! To do with rear beam.

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Boumsong
fill in the right answer: 10

How do you remove this damn things?!?! To do with rear beam.

Post by Boumsong »

Basically, this is the bolt which the beam pivots around, the rubber bit we see sits inside the bracket which holds the beam to the car . Anyone have any idea how to get the rubber off the bolt?! Theres a piece of metal down the middle, that sits snug on the bolt and seems to be bonded to the rubber (I can't even get it to spin!)

I've tried WD40..loads of it. I've tried getting hot, but couldn't use to much heat as I need the rubber piece intact.

Any ideas at all??

2k Painter and Powdercoater
chrispike

Re: How do you remove this damn things?!?! To do with rear beam.

Post by chrispike »

two options in my opinion, find a freindly machine shop and ask to borrow their fly press, though if the bolt is well rusted to the sleeve it may bend the bolt or go the polly bush option and replace for new, i dont believe that they are that expensive. hope it helps

markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

Agreed, lots of heat, burn the bush off, then get the remaining metal sleeve red hot and it'l come off, its purely rust that holds the sleeve on the bolt. Then buy a poly bush kit, the good kits come with new sleeves, bushes, washers and nuts.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
Boumsong
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by Boumsong »

Yeah..I cut it off.

The idea failed anyway so it's back to the drawing board.

2k Painter and Powdercoater