Servo non return valve

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Servo non return valve

Post by james butler »

My mk2 Rocco has been playing up when I put my foot on the brake when idling.
Turns out my non return valve in the servo vac pipe is broken, so allows flows both ways.
This causes bad air leak symptoms especially at idle and if left untreated can result in air fuel mix being drawn into the servo from the manifold under full throttle.
This happened to me and I had to poor a funny looking goop out of it.
So Long and short of it is I needed a new servo non return valve.
Looked on eBay and saw scene tax priced old as the hills spares. No way!
So popped down to my local tat yard and pulled one from a mk3 golf, some spare rubber hosing and picked up a weighted gear linkage for a hefty £2 [emoji50]
So pulled the old one to bits to get the plastic connectors out and ended up damaging the plastic cheapy connecting pipe!
Oh dear.
So I’ve ended up recycling the hot pipe from a washing machine that’s well reinforced and good for 120 degrees.
For good measure I’ve put a spring inside that’s bigger than the Id of the connectors so my pipe cannot collapse on itself under vaccuum.
Lastly I got a 90 degree connector from a mk5 golf to better direct the pipe towards the inlet manifold for a cleaner look.
So far I’ve been robbed £3 for all the parts.
I will take a pic of it fitted but im sure you get the idea.
Don’t get done people, there are cheap GENUINE parts out there for next to nothing.
Plus it’s recycling ain’t it lolImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by james butler on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!