steering wheel alignment

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: steering wheel alignment

Post by Lukeh17 »

james butler wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 pm before you take the wheel off do you have both adjustable track rods? or one fixed one?
if theyre both adjustable i would definately be taking it back to the garage as they can adjust it to suit so the wheel is straight.
Just had a look and it seems to be one fixed one - my car is a GT '88 plate without power steering. Did the non-power steering cars have the fixed and the power steering the adjustable?

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

dont know but i changed mine to an adjustable one so it could be set properly, that means then you will need to take the wheel off to correct it.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Lukeh17
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Lukeh17 »

james butler wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 pm dont know but i changed mine to an adjustable one so it could be set properly, that means then you will need to take the wheel off to correct it.
Got it - thanks