Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Ryan
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Spotted

Post by Ryan »

Silver Mk3 going south onto the A34 at the Milton Interchange at about 11:30 this am

Octavia elegance kombi TDI
Austin

Post by Austin »

First off, I was doing a test this month, I kept a tally of how many rocco's I saw....

14 mk3's
2 mk2's
0 mk1's mmmm

Most recently I saw GT_Thunders mk2 sat at the traffic lights in Loughborough with no driver - it was attatched to a rather nice looking jetta - gave a hoot and a wave :) (Today)

Then again today a grey mk3 - again gave a wave, no response just a chuckle, wish the roadworks came along otherwise his chuckle would have turned into a grin :hugegrin:

Four Sciroccos, four gone, but at least I know all parts from most current one went to good homes....
wigit

Post by wigit »

Austin mk3 ownership is split between enthusiats who have a petrol and the diesel company car brigade, before christmas always used to get waves from mk3s, indeed back then depending on location would know who it was, you can spot the company car ones a mile off as the hog the middle lane and never acknowledge you, they probably aren't aware there was a mk1 or mk2

58 Scirocco GT Rising Blue & 58 GTI Pirelli
wasted

Post by wasted »

Saw my first Mk3 on the road last night actually... Black, driving down Coldharbour Road in Redland. Still don't like 'em... And the person driving it didn't even acknowledge Igor. I think he felt quite sad afterwards.

'89 Scala 1.8i - Daily drive, Work in progress!
eefy

Post by eefy »

Dark green MK2 heading into Manchester City centre on Bridgewater Way at 5:30ish lastnight :)

AndyGreaves

Post by AndyGreaves »

saw a white mk3 on West street in Sheff. me and my mate pointed waved and smiled. . .
dont think the guy driving knew that VW had made previous mk's of Scirocco as all we got was a blank puzzled look

luckystrike

Post by luckystrike »

Dark grey (bit of blue?) mk2 on the a1000 between WGC and Hatfield. First I've seen in this neck of the woods!

Ashrocco

Post by Ashrocco »

I saw a Greenish/Grey H reg GT2 or Scala in a petrol station in Duston Northampton at midday today (Thursday - 30 Apr) :groove:

I was in our Modern mass produced car and the Rocco owner must have been in the petrol station paying :d

Only my second "Spotted" since I've been a Roccy owner :blush: (MK3's don't count)

Ash
richlyons

Post by richlyons »

two mk2s at newcastle college, one white, e reg, with bottle top alloys. and the other was black/ dark green didnt get a good look at it.
they were about 50meters from each other.

1988 helios blue scala, weber carb, gti cam,
1989 red gt2 (daily)
markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

White MK2 C reg, GTS, small rear spoiler, single headlights wih inner spot light blanks, queued along side each other a couple of times on the A38 Derby ring road yesterday about 4.30ish. Exchanged nods and smiles. :hugegrin:

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !
AndyGreaves

Post by AndyGreaves »

another clueless mk3 owner, black one this time at the round about next to sheffield parkway going onto A57.
he had no idea why i pipped and flashed

Austin

Post by Austin »

Purposefully slotted into a specific gap in some traffic on the M25 to 'pip' a Silver GT/GTX I think, chap waved, had bucket seats, recognise the car not the person driving it???

D48 M** // D48 W ** - Something like that

He gave up with the traffic at J15 and decided the M4 was a better idea...

Four Sciroccos, four gone, but at least I know all parts from most current one went to good homes....
Ashrocco

Post by Ashrocco »

I spotted about 10 all parked up next to each other in a field outside Stanford Hall today, does that count? :hugegrin:

Ash
graeme

Post by graeme »

i saw a few coming out of stanford yesterday, grey mk2 with a badgeless grill and black wheels, red mk2 with gold wheels, i was pulled up with my mate in white golf

Ashrocco

Post by Ashrocco »

graeme wrote:i saw a few coming out of stanford yesterday, grey mk2 with a badgeless grill and black wheels
That was me, I gave you a toot :hi:

Ash