The Rieger has come home!

Scirocco Register members projects
Forum rules
Section for all vehicle and related projects. Please keep responses pertinent to thread.
rss16vt
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: The Rieger has come home!

Post by rss16vt »

cheers Gee Beats.

rss16vt

Post by rss16vt »

for the rear and looking less Corrado
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by G Beats »

Looks dope how many of these on the road in the U.K ? And how many were made my brother ? Peace for now Gee Beats.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Howdy do folks...
Long time since I been on. The car is still in my ownership, still dry stored and covered in her lovely cosy car blanket.
Been meaning to post some pics of it but with doing up another house and having kids time has got away with me.

Finished the cylinder head a while back and made my vernier pulley. All the parts are there and ready to assemble it up. I have lots of goodies to bolt on now.

Due to the throttle bodies and long trumpets I bought a different radiator and plumbed all that in. It's one off a Corsa C. Low and wide. You have to remove the bonnet release mechanisms to get it to fit so I am going to fit the Aerocatch bonnet catches.

Anyway time for some pics....

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Cylinder Head Porting.. these are before and half way done, I don't have any pics to hand of the finished head, but its silky smooth now. will put more on some other time. The cylinder head had already had the throats opened up and 3 angle valve seats cut. I deburred the combustion chamber too and had it skimmed so should work a treat with the Jenveys.

New Radiator and pipework.

Jenveys and the new Radiator in place.

AeroCatches in position.

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Nice Rieger by the way RSS16vT. sorry its taken so long to respond.. bet its a fair beast with 16vT in it.

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

hey hey bud!

Any chance we'll see it (and/or you) at the National this year?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Howdo buddy.
Doubtful the car will be ready this year as maxed but if the weather is good I may mooch on down. Is the plan still for it to be at Telford? Not Ben to a meet or car show for years
I saw a Rocco the other day, first one I have seen in months. Got the juices moving agiain lol.

Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Fnar.

Yep, still at telford and we're all camping again

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Cool. be good to catch up. I will let you know nearer the time. I must admit I have come close to putting the car up for sale again recently. lots of cars are taking my fancy at the moment but I am fighting the temptation to trade her now the sun has come out again. I keep imagining the heads turning as it roars past them with the jenveys and straight through exhaust on full song....

I have got quite into Autotesting / Autosolo you see and would like a small Rage type road legal buggy or kit car to compete in, the boss says I cant have the rocco and another toy though so its making me think hard about keeping the Rieger. For the time being I am taking part in my Audi A4 TDI daily driver. They were all very surprised when I got the quickest time of the session it in and came 2nd overall for the day. who says fat girls cant dance eh?!? hahaha

eefy

Post by eefy »

How do Chaps :)

Glad to see things have started moving on this again.

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Aye.. they move on slowly, I have forgot what its like to have a rocco. haha.

I am amazed there are so many of you guys who still have your cars to be honest. I get bored so quickly and want to change. must have had 10 different cars at the same time I have had this Scirocco.

Thinking plans will be changing again which may be the end of my scirocco days. I found a buggy I really want, and as much as I want to keep the Rieger, I am going to have a lot more fun in this.. Going down to look at it this weekend so if I get it, it probably means the Rieger is going to be traded.

Will keep you updated anyway..

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

It has a number plate??? can you drive it on the road !

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
sabre0699

Post by sabre0699 »

Brother in laws business partner bought something similar , it was a hoot to drive once or twice but after that it was just a PITA, impracticle combining every disadvantage of a motorcycle and non of the advantages (cold and wet and unable to get through traffic) and similarly every disadvantage of a car and non of its advantages .

Lasted 6 months and was sold on to someone else who thought that it would be a good idea

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

I was the same with my caterham 7. Awesome, but the novelty wore off really quickly. Keep the reiger...

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083