spray guns

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
d_jay1

spray guns

Post by d_jay1 »

i'm considering investing in a proper spray gun and compressor etc, as i always seem to be spray painting with crappy cans. I have quite a bit of experience with paint and colour matching etc as i'm an illustrator and was wondering if anyone could recommend a route to take? I'd want to be able to spray whole panels to as high standard as possible, but don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on it. I can use a conservatory room in my house as a small vented booth area too.

Ive got a local paint firm who supply very good auto paint to any colours in tins as well.

i was also thinking if i did do this i could provide cheap panel respraying to mates and fellow rocco owners!

SCOTMCDOT
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: spray guns

Post by SCOTMCDOT »

Wait for the next Aldi Air Tools sale. The compressors are pretty powerful and dirt cheap for the hobbyist. Saying that i have not used mine yet, as i am painting the Imp in white as a practice before i tackle the Rocco, but it gets good reports.

d_jay1

Re: spray guns

Post by d_jay1 »

cool, will check that out! good tip. ws going to practice on a spare bonnet before i hit the rocco!