The Market 1980 Mk1 For Sale

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1974-1981 - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
hubbadubba
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: The Market 1980 Mk1 For Sale

Post by hubbadubba »

Not logged on for a while but noticed this, I sold the Scirocco on for 18K to a classic car dealer who obviously punted it straight on using "the market" for a small profit after auction fees and shipping costs, stuck to my guns on the 18K I got and was happy with that, good write up on the car although some exaggeration on what was spent on it !, love the car or hate it, I've built a few now and learned a long time ago that what's important is how you want the car to be and look like for yourself, after all, everyones taste is different, I loved owning it for the 5 years I had it and thoroughly enjoyed building it and driving it, I wanted it to perform well and it certainly delivered that for a normally aspirated motor, I'll certainly miss it and will have to console myself by restoring our mk1 caddy daily driver, not show spec this time but factory look R32 install (needs to sound manly, it's a truck right !) go to builders merchants, chuck muddy dogs in it and cruise on motorways in it with no effort, kind of spec.
Cheers.

RussGLAuto
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: The Market 1980 Mk1 For Sale

Post by RussGLAuto »

8-) Love what you did to it!

Respect.

Daily Driver - 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine - Polestar - Arctic White
Weekend Wagon - 51k 1982 Mk2 Scirocco 1.6 GL Auto - Diamond Silver
Other Half's Wagon - 2018 Mk7.5 Golf GT TSi Auto - White
Daughters Curb Scraper - 2016 Fiat 500 1.2 - White
hubbadubba