New project.

Self employed? Paid up Member with a useful service or trade that other forum members might need? Get listed here.
Forum rules
Scirocco Register offers no guarantee and is not liable for any dispute arising from services listed here. Paid up Members only able to list here - please follow rules at top of section.
Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: New project.

Post by Blueshark »

Jack92 wrote:Looking good mate, also have you got some images of the mk2 bonnet lining? Maybe Interested also how much we looking at?

Cheers mate

Have a look here for the lining.

Filler neck is almost ready, will then try to get a price known .

Joost

Jack92
Site Admin
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Jack92 »

there doesn't seem to be a link anywhere mate?

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

Macc
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Macc »

What is the difficulty in getting the filler neck reproduced? Im guessing its the filler end? There must be half a dozen metal fabs within 10 miles of here that im sure, given the "exact" measurements, could do it, up to the filler end anyway which if my guess is correct is where Bluesharks fab comes in above the rest.

Checked mine yesterday and its looking flaky! REALLY dont want to go through the whole jet cleaning rigmarole every few miles like I did when I first got the car and the tank was rusty! Watching thread with interest!

1990 MK2 1.8 GTII Scirocco "Black Shuck"
james butler

Post by james butler »

Macc wrote:What is the difficulty in getting the filler neck reproduced? Im guessing its the filler end? There must be half a dozen metal fabs within 10 miles of here that im sure, given the "exact" measurements, could do it, up to the filler end anyway which if my guess is correct is where Bluesharks fab comes in above the rest.

Checked mine yesterday and its looking flaky! REALLY dont want to go through the whole jet cleaning rigmarole every few miles like I did when I first got the car and the tank was rusty! Watching thread with interest!
hard part is the end piece where the fuel cap attaches onto.
i bought the end piece from joost and fabricated my own pipe from 38mm od exhaust pipe at £3 a meter.
does the job but ideally it needs making out of stainless.
or you can mod a golf mk1 pipe.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

Have not spent much attention to this as I have got e new job lately after being home for more than a year so got my attention focussed on other matters.

Will be picking it up soon.

If there is anybody who wants to do it, go ahead and I will be able to deliver the fuel cap end.

Joost

duforus

Post by duforus »

Hi everyone. Anybody know how this project by Boost is coming along. Still in desperate need of replacement filler.Fingers crossed.!!

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

Still working on this, trying to get the price down a bit because €.130 + no one wants to pay.

Searching various channels.

Joost

whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

Joist, if you have a spare stainless fuel cap end, let me know. I just want to get it welded on my stainless neck so I can fit the original petrol cap, regards Phil.

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

whiteshark wrote:Joist, if you have a spare stainless fuel cap end, let me know. I just want to get it welded on my stainless neck so I can fit the original petrol cap, regards Phil.

Not any more at the moment, going to Germany in April to get new ones, I guess I need to buy a whole bunch then.

Any more people who would be interested ?.

Joost

p.s. they are normal steel so no stainless.