need your opinions.. fuel filter placement

Carbs; K-jet; Tanks; Lines; Filler necks, Senders; aftermarket fuel systems; Exhausts and Manifolds;air filters - standard and aftermarket
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
treefingers
fill in the right answer: 15

need your opinions.. fuel filter placement

Post by treefingers »

So mounted my fuel filter and put in the lines and my friend said that the filter shouldn't go there as it's near the exhaust and that the heat wouldn't be good for it. It'd would be good to get opinions?!

Thought it'd be nice and out of the way there, don't have any room under the car for it unless I can find some sort of small long filter.

essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: need your opinions.. fuel filter placement

Post by essextom »

Only an issue if it leaks. Warmer fuel atomises easier and is more efficient. I'd say it's ok there as long as you don't get any leaks. If ya do u might need a new car!

bengould

Post by bengould »

The guy that is doing my loom for me recommended keeping the fuel filter out of the engine bay. Didn't ask why though so can't shed any more light on it. Could you route it up to under the rain tray near the wiper motor? Plenty of room in there and out of the direct heat of the engine bay. Would require drilling a couple of holes for fuel lines though.

Ben.

james butler

Post by james butler »

Don't put it in the plenum chamber mext to the wiper moter if you get a leak or fire that will be fed into the car via the blower motor!
Why don't you put it on the drivers side inner wing? There it is further away from the exhaust.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
bengould

Post by bengould »

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.
Inner wing is a good suggestion.

Ben.

treefingers
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by treefingers »

fire in yer face doesn't sound good lol. inner wing it is then.. gotta find a narrower filter now!