SR National Meet 2014 -Venue and timings 02/08/14

All the key information and threads regarding 2nd August at Cosford
Mr Funk

SR National Meet 2014 -Venue and timings 02/08/14

Post by Mr Funk »

And so here it is folks,

Sorry it's been delayed, we've had a few things to sort:

As you may be aware the date is set for Saturday 2nd August 2014 at RAF Cosford!

A perfect venue for the meet with ample parking away from the general public and enough to keep those not completely obsessed with Sciroccos happy with the excellent museums.
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/

The day'll begin with the usual convoy from Telford services. Details will be confirmed nearer the time but it's always an amazing start to the hand and we'll have multiple cameras on hand to get pictures of everything they can.
We due at RAF Cosford for 10am and once again the Mafia will be on hand to provide parking assistance and as you come in you'll be handed all the information you need ready or another excellent day

Please note that you will need to pay for parking! At present this is £3.50 for over four hours, an absolute parking seeing as you get the museums for free.

But that's not all..

After the astonishing success of last year's up take you can sign up to a year's SR membership at this year's National Meet at RAF Cosford on Saturday August 2nd and only pay £10!
Just complete the form, hand it in and pay before 1st September to take advantage of this very special offer. We're working hard to put the whole package together and will release more details in the run up to the event!
We'll also be bringing up a stack of merchandise - Pins, mugs and other bits and pieces. Closer to the time we'll also be able to take orders for the new T-shirts and Hoodies. This'll save you the price of P and P and sample the other kit before you buy!

The voting will be the same this year with prizes for Best Mk1 and Mk2, we were absolutely blown away last year by the sheer amount of Mk1's and we're hoping to keep the momentum going. The Mafia will also be convening and inviting another member onto the Board.
With the loss of one of our members earlier this year we'll be inviting you all to donate to a charity that was particularly close to her heart - the club'll be throwing in some freebies and we'll update closer to the time.

And the fun doesn't stop once everyone leaves.
The evening socials have become an intergral part of the weekend and this year is no different. For those wanting comfort and a lack of farm animals it's back to the hotel for food and a beer and for those that fancy slumming it White Pump Farm offers somewhere out of the way with all the facilities you'd expect. Some may call is "sparse", we'd like to think of it as "retro".
And there's free beer. Did we mention that?

Cars, your mates, a bloody good day out an some free grog. How could you possibly refuse?

Head of Complaints - Big Pie Cartel
If it sounds like it's naughty, it probably is.
a57737
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: SR National Meet 2014 -02/08/14

Post by a57737 »

Can't wait.

I'm happy to offer my services as camera car again this year if no one else has offered. I'll try to be smoother this time (bit worried I wouldn't catch everyone last year).

Could be in anything this year, hoping it will at least be VAG if not some form of Rocco/Rado

ianaudia4
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by ianaudia4 »

I will give the hotel a ring tomorrow and let you know the score, I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue though.

1984 MK2 Havanna brown Storm
1989 MK2 Alpine white Scala injection
2006 Audi A4 3.0TDI quattro (the beast)
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Update:

Not long to go now, it's time to crank everything up a bit.

Convoy meet points will be organised soon for the Friday and the Saturday.

Membership packs are all sorted. We'll bring a handful with us but given how busy everything can be we'll send a majority out in the week after. Once again we'll be taking cash and will be able to take Paypal on the day. Please only give us a cheque as a last resort, this'll probably be the last year we accept them. Anyone signing up on the day will receive the new, improved pack:

They'll also be available seperately.

The main emphasis this year will be to raise as much as we can for the excellent Macmillon Cancer Support - http://www.macmillan.org.uk

Mel, one of the regular faces at the Nationals tragically lost her battle earlier this year and it was a no-brainer that we support it this year.

In addition to the usual Best of.. trophies we'll also be running a raffle with everything going to the charity. So far we're able to confirm:

Membership
T-Shirts
Mugs
Booze
There's more and we'll update in the coming weeks.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Bump = thread tidied up and obviously all threads in a dedicted National Meeting forum area.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
the edmundator

Re: SR National Meet 2014 -Venue and timings 02/08/14

Post by the edmundator »

Just so I know what I expect: I imagine I will be arriving late morning and will be in modern passat rather than scirocco; will I park in the usual place, or with the riff-raff in general parking?

Register Member 829
--
1980 (1976) Mk1 Junior Cup Replica
1987 MK2 GTX
Mr Funk

Post by Mr Funk »

Just come up as you normally would Ed.
I'll be parked at the far end with the hair dryer

jonGTX

Post by jonGTX »

I'll probably meet everyone at Telford and moesy on down, will be in the polo though as still type 53 less...

Rocco Mafia Car of Choice 2010
1989 Helios Blue Scala 16v *sold*
1994 Mulberry Corrado VR6 *sold*
1991 Tornado Red Scala GTi Engineering RE2000 8V *sold*
1991 VW Polo G40 *sold*
1990 Pearl Green Scala
2020 VW Polo GTi