Spotted

General discussion focusing mainly on the cars and the Scirocco Register - other stuff within reason.
Forum rules
This is a GENERAL discussion area - we have set up specific areas for eg technical queries, model specific issues etc etc to help you get the right answer quicker.
Risocco
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Spotted

Post by Risocco »

J reg red MK2 on Kidderminster ring road at 1:45PM today, looked very tidy indeed. I was the gimp in the Golf staring BTW

Alex

1983 GL
1986 GT
1994 Corrado VR6
Vonlard

Post by Vonlard »

Red mkII went past me when I was sat in traffic in Ipswich waiting to go on to the A12, just caught the back of it when I heard the exaust and woke from my daze. about 13:00 today

It was meant to be a cheep run around till I finished the Type 1, Now I have 2 projects and an obsession

61 Type 1 Gasser project
88 Scirocco GTX rolling project
djw766

Post by djw766 »

Early black Mk2 parked up on Old North Road in Wansford near Peterboro about 0900 this morning.....

Gilb666

Post by Gilb666 »

Green F reg GT, black body kit, black BBS RA's in chesterfield yesterday at about 1630

spotted the same car about 3 weeks ago parked outside my local chippy

goaferboy

Post by goaferboy »

Silver MK2 outside GSF in Banbury today. Might have been the same one I spotted a while back (was a member, forget who though!)

GregGTX

Post by GregGTX »

This is a massive long-shot but I am new to the site and would love to see some pictures of my old GTX 16V. The reg is D520 VPH, it is light green and was a real looker. I moved to Australia 10 years ago and left it behind in Chippenham, UK. My Dad wanted it moved as it was taking up space and I wasn't coming home any time soon. He practically gave it away to some lucky sod who must have thought he had hit the jackpot. As far as I can tell there was a small hole by the drivers seat and after a few years mould had spread onto the seats. This would have been cosmetic as the body and engine were fine and it only had about 80K on the clock.

To make matters worse you can't buy Scirocco's out here in Oz. I have seen 1 in 10 years that someone had obviously imported and after looking at some pictures on this site am gutted that I lost mine. I am even thinking of buying a GTX next time I am back in the UK and shipping it back here. Would be amazed to hear anything about my old beauty but worth a shot.

eefy

Post by eefy »

Silver non body kitted MK2 in Picadilly Gardens in Manchester with what looked like steelies, thats all the info I have I was about 200m away on the 4th floor of a building in a meeting!!!!!!

Joe87

Post by Joe87 »

Nice white Scala in Winchester last week. Don't remember the reg, might have been F?

1987 GTX
Cpt Custom
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Cpt Custom »

GregGTX wrote:The reg is D520 VPH, it is light green and was a real looker ...
Did a DVLA Enquiry Search on this and it said: Date of Liability 01 05 2011

So it looks like it's not on the road anymore and as it doesn't say anything about it being SORNed it might even be no more! :shocking: Here's hoping someone can at least supply some old photos.

:beers:

Image 1987 Alpine White Mk2 GT Lily
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

ianaudia4 wrote:This evening about 5ish, between earlsfield and Tooting.
A nice K reg green GT2, the exhaust had a nice note to it and the spoked wheels looked good.
Yes spotted this, or one very much like it in Tooting twice now, a real beauty, nice green tint windows too..

GregGTX

Post by GregGTX »

Cpt Custom wrote:
GregGTX wrote:The reg is D520 VPH, it is light green and was a real looker ...
Did a DVLA Enquiry Search on this and it said: Date of Liability 01 05 2011

So it looks like it's not on the road anymore and as it doesn't say anything about it being SORNed it might even be no more! :shocking: Here's hoping someone can at least supply some old photos.
Thanks Cpt Custom, I did the same search. Still gutted :crying: I hope one day to have another GTX

porkymcchop

Post by porkymcchop »

white rocco pulling onto the beccles road about 5ish yesterday
i did wave but my windows were pretty steamy, stupid rain

millsy20

Post by millsy20 »

White Ereg scala on Gloucester avenue in northampton at about 1050am yesterday and later parked up on towcester road in northampton.

Rich

1991 Red Scirocco GT2-Soon to be GT2 16v
2010 MK3 Scirocco GT TDi 140 for daily duties
porkymcchop

Post by porkymcchop »

another one! turning onto the avenues.
gold-ish (i think, it was raining and i was on my bike),but definitely running ATS cups. nice.

markh
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by markh »

Greeny/blue mk2 on german style pressed plates, K65 PKO ( i think) on the A556 heading towards Knutsford about 2.30 pm today.

Don't ask me....it was like that when i got here !