How do I become a user of this forum?

Forum rules, sign up, posting pics, classifieds
Forum rules
Please can everybody add a town/city location at this point in your profile? Makes life much easier if you start listing parts wanted or for sale.........cheers
Scirocco
Site Admin

How do I become a user of this forum?

Post by Scirocco »

In the top right hand corner you will see the word 'Register' (no pun intended). Click it.

This will take you a screen with the disclaimer. If you agree click 'I agree'.

At the next screen you will need to fill in a few details about yourself including your email address (important) and type in the authentication key. This is a randomly generated key that proves to the software that you are a real person and not a :zombie: or bot.

You will then be sent an activation link to your email inbox. Click the link and hey presto you are through to the Scirocco Register Forum and ready to begin posting.

To post, just either open a topic thread and click 'reply' or click the 'new topic' button in your chosen part of the board to begin a new topic.

Don't forget that you have a User Control Panel profile and Private Message (PM) box, accessible at the top Left hand corner of every screen.

When you have finished your current visit here, a)be sure to return, and b) click 'Logout' at the top right of the screen.

Any Qs with using the board please fire away below.

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: How do I become a user of this forum?

Post by GTXTRA »

In the light of a spate of apparent spammer profiles being set up recently ALL new sign ups will be subject to an admin check before being activated - essentially The Autoad and I will get an email inviting us to check the details of the new sign up and allowing us to block/accept as appropriate.

NOTE TO NEWBIES - we will try to respond to these as quickly as possible, certainly within a few hours/same day so do please be patient.

cheers

Serial Rocco-ist.........
GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

GTXTRA wrote:In the light of a spate of apparent spammer profiles being set up recently ALL new sign ups will be subject to an admin check before being activated - essentially The Autoad and I will get an email inviting us to check the details of the new sign up and allowing us to block/accept as appropriate.

NOTE TO NEWBIES - we will try to respond to these as quickly as possible, certainly within a few hours/same day so do please be patient.

cheers

this seems to be working ok - can all new sign ups use unambiguous names and email addresses please to assist in earlier/successful activation.

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

Please can you all add a general location to your profiles? makes it easier in for sale/wanted circles where a lot of folk forget to indicate where they are based.......

GTXTRA

Post by GTXTRA »

reminder - in light of VZI people having sign up issues.