Drivers electric window motor

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Dannyh2621
fill in the right answer: 15

Drivers electric window motor

Post by Dannyh2621 »

Hi all,

I have fairly recently bought a brown mk2 storm, was all stripped when I bought it, and now I am at the point of piecing the puzzle back together and finding out what is missing, surprisingly it is mostly all there, as far as I have found I am only missing many nuts and bolts which is easy to sort, but I have also found that the drivers electric window regulator is missing, I cannot for the life of me find one online.

I don't suppose anyone has one for sale or knows if a regulator out of any other model will fit?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Drivers electric window motor

Post by GT_II »

The electric window mechanism is unique to the Scirocco Mk2. Volkswagen Classic Parts in Germany have 47 of the passenger electric window lifters in stock (at 450 Euros each), part number 533837401D, but unfortunately none of the driver's side, part number 533837402D.

I'm guessing you might have to wait until a car comes up for breaking. There are some electric window regulators and switches on ebay item 266685262941 that were previously fitted to a Scirocco Mk2, but these are not original Scirocco Mk2 parts and look as though they have been made to fit from a different VW model.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k