Becoming a subscription member, Qs & As, Discounts
Adder
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Adder »

Afternoon folks ,

Do people still use the term newbie ? It’s been a very long while since I’ve joined a forum. Tbh I thought it was all Facebook theses days, (yes I’m the wrong side of 50) Any way, I thought it would be polite to at least introduce myself before I started posting. Well actually, I could do with buying a car as well which is one of the main reasons for joining . The wanted section looks very quite if I’m honest but I will try my luck and see if any one would like to sell.

Cheers

Adder

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Newbie

Post by mark1gls »

Hello and welcome Adder,
Yes there is a few of us still on the forum but a lot more on Facebook, there is a Scirocco register page as well.
If I see anything pop up I’ll let you know.
So why a GTII in red or white, did you used to have one before?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
Adder

Post by Adder »

Hello Mark ,

I would be grateful if you could give me a heads up on a car. In answer to your question yes, I had a 92 Tornado red one maybe 15years back . It also had electric windows which I think was standard equipment. I loved the coupe shape but it just wasn’t quick enough for me then. I’m not so bothered theses days.

You may be able to answer a question for me , did scirocco’s have glass sunroofs at all or were they steel ?

Many thanks

Adder

GT_II

Post by GT_II »

Electric windows and central locking were factory fitted options for most models, but thrown in as standard on the GT II for the final few months of production in 1992. Factory fitted sunroofs were always steel.

Aftermarket pop-up glass sunroofs were quite a popular addition, and to a lesser extent electric windows, including I suspect some dealer fitted "VAG(UK) approved" accessories thrown in at cost to clinch the sale.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Adder

Post by Adder »

That’s good to know thank you , would vw have fitted an electric aerial by any chance or would the dealer fitted one like you say to clinch a sale at the time ?

Cheer’s

Adder

GT_II

Post by GT_II »

The GT II didn't come with an electric aerial. I have a feeling the Storm came with an electric aerial, but not much else.

For details on the specs for different models, this site is very comprehensive:

https://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/dr-d ... torm-site/

Many original brochures are available on the site below, although specifications listings can't necessarily be relied, as per the disclaimers inevitably included within the brochures:

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Adder

Post by Adder »

Lovely thanks again for the info and link

Cheers

Adder

Adder

Post by Adder »

Hello all, it’s been a good while since I last posted, over a year I should think. I have now bought one this morning I’m quite excited,it’s not quite what I wanted but I’ll make my own in the next year or two. Is there a tutorial on how to post pictures at all ?

Cheers

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

I use an app on my phone as that’s what I normally take pictures with, the app is Tapatalk. You need to get the app and sign into the Scirocco Register forum.

Membership No. 323
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Just tried tapatalk with this website and it don’t seem to no longer work since there was an update…

Works on the Mk1 Golf owners forum for me??.

I think others upload pictures to photo hosting websites and copy a link in there messages to show pictures..
I used to use Photobucket but now they charge you to use it…

Membership No. 323
essextom

Post by essextom »

i think TAptalk has changed hands and a number of forums have moved away from it. i now VW vortex no longer supports it.