ICE - OEM Speakers

In car entertainment: stereo; speakers; portable devices etc
RussGLAuto
fill in the right answer: 15

ICE - OEM Speakers

Post by RussGLAuto »

Evening gents,

It's been some time since posting. Life getting in the way of all things Rocco!

That said, it hasn't stopped me browsing the E-bay listings recently. As you may remember, I fitted GLAdis with an original Balupunkt London MR21 auto reverse cassette radio connected to the original speakers which were never used since build.

However, anything other than medium quiet volume had these original speakers struggling and distorting the sound quite badly. Humph.

Anyway, not wishing to depart from anything OEM (aside from HEL braided brake lines) I purchased the following after stumbling upon them on E-bay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112433475246

I ordered two sets as front fits back, back fits front! Not cheep. Have no idea what they will be like, will report back with pics and my verdict.

Sorry I didn't make the Nationals at Cosford, house sale getting in the way! If I pull it off I'll be neighbours to the Grimsthorpe estate for their annual car show. Perhaps we can do something with the Register their...?

Daily Driver - 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine - Polestar - Arctic White
Weekend Wagon - 51k 1982 Mk2 Scirocco 1.6 GL Auto - Diamond Silver
Other Half's Wagon - 2018 Mk7.5 Golf GT TSi Auto - White
Daughters Curb Scraper - 2016 Fiat 500 1.2 - White
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: ICE - OEM Speakers

Post by mark1gls »

No way there expensive for a box with the words Scirocco on the box.
If you can cancel the order as you can buy them for just under £40 elsewhere but they don’t say Scirocco on the box…

I posted a link etc a couple of days ago.

I’ve got a set fitted to my Mk1 Golf (same door speaker set up)and they fit nicely and you can keep the original covers on. They do lack a little bass in the front but that’s down to the poor design of car audio in the 1980s

Link to the same speakers for less money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110826911107 ... R_jMt5qoYg

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323