Front Nearside Drop Glass Guide Clip

Discussion relating to the Scirocco 1982-1991 - - please ask technical questions in the technical/trouble shooting section
Chris M
fill in the right answer: 15

Front Nearside Drop Glass Guide Clip

Post by Chris M »

Does anyone have a replacement front nearside drop glass clip available for purchase please? Image is offside clip, but require nearside. Not sure if clips are sided though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GT_II

Re: Front Nearside Drop Glass Guide Clip

Post by GT_II »

533837449A is the part number, not sided. It looks like this have been out of production for a long time. Do these easily get knocked off and go missing?

My late GT II doesn't have them and there are no marks to suggest they were ever fitted, so I wonder whether they were not fitted in conjunction with electric windows?

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

Thank you for your reply. I have had car almost since new and has always had manual windows.

GT_II

Post by GT_II »

That's a car with great history. I've only had mine for 6 years, but I was lucky to buy it from its first owner.

The parts diagrams show quantity of this clip fitted as "X" which suggests VW may have discontinued the part before end of production or very soon after.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

First owner was my father in August 1988. Had car since June 1991.