Mk1 Storm seat repair/restoration

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
halkyndriver

Mk1 Storm seat repair/restoration

Post by halkyndriver »

Hi, can anyone help with getting a leather seat repaired/retrimmed for a Mk1 Storm (blue leather). I have tried a few places and have not had much luck so far apart from offering to retrim the whole lot in modern leather which I do not really want to do, aside from the cost. I really want the drivers seat retrimmed or better still partially retrimmed retaining the patina of most of the original leather although I appreciate that may not be possible.
I am based in North-East Wales not far from Chester so anywhere within a reasonable distance from there would be good.
I have found a couple of old links (over 10 years) where a couple of members have used Furniture Clinic and have had good results, they still have a website and it shows car seat repairs so I will try them unless I get any other suggestions.

Chances of finding any replacement seats are long gone I suspect. There are a set of red leather seats on Ebay at the moment that apparently come from a Mk1 but I was not aware that this colour was ever used so they may not be VW, in any case they would need to be dyed blue.

If anyone knows if the seat patterns can be obtained, I cannot see anything online.

Thanks

Dave

MRMENDER
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk1 Storm seat repair/restoration

Post by MRMENDER »

https://www.autotrimmerseyside.co.uk/
Ive used these before, nice fella easy to deal with and good workmanship

halkyndriver

Re: Mk1 Storm seat repair/restoration

Post by halkyndriver »

Great, thanks for that I will contact them today