Window Etching De-coding

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
RussGLAuto
fill in the right answer: 15

Window Etching De-coding

Post by RussGLAuto »

Evening gents, and Claire!

I've seen various posts regarding replacement glass. Dr Dub's site is exceptional in decoding vin numbers etc. What about window etchings?

I'm thinking GT_II / Joost will have a wealth of knowledge.... fancy giving this one a crack, if you'll pardon the pun!

These must have colour specs etc? For the record, I think GLAdys is just clear glass...
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 17.54.15.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Daily Driver - 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine - Polestar - Arctic White
Weekend Wagon - 51k 1982 Mk2 Scirocco 1.6 GL Auto - Diamond Silver
Other Half's Wagon - 2018 Mk7.5 Golf GT TSi Auto - White
Daughters Curb Scraper - 2016 Fiat 500 1.2 - White
Blueshark
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Window Etching De-coding

Post by Blueshark »

This is clear glass, you are missing "tinted" on it for Green or Bronze tinted.

GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Window Etching De-coding

Post by GT_II »

I know nothing much of interest I am afraid. A bit of searching reveals:

ESG-H Toughened safety glass, subjected to heat-soak test for impurities (Heissgelagertes Einscheibensicherheitsglas)
E2 43R - 000 433 Certified in France to European safety standard 43R
DOT 27 M90 AS2 Certified to American Department of Transportation safety standard AS2 (tempered, non-privacy glass), manufacturer code 27 (Sekurit)
DGM 33755 VT Italian Safety approval marking - (Direzione Generale Motorizzazione)
2 - manufactured 1982
BS 857 Kitemarked to British Standard 857:1967 - safety glass for land transport

The rest, no idea!

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k