fitting a mountney boss horn won't work

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
orangehippie
fill in the right answer: 15

fitting a mountney boss horn won't work

Post by orangehippie »

hey everyone

this should be a easy job but the horn has wiring got me stumped

I emailed mountney to ask what boss kit I need for my 1988 mk2 scirocco they said I need the MB070

found one on eBay ...the wiring has got me stumped
i've been told the boss earths itself once fitted ...red boss wire to horn put it all together but still no horn

the horn works great with the original wheel I'm stumped

have I got the correct boss kit ?

what am I getting wrong here
thanks all

I hope to make it to meets this year

also I a stumped again on how to load pictures up on here I keep getting file too large every time I attempt to upload a picture
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by orangehippie on Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GT_II

Re: fitting a mountney boss

Post by GT_II »

orangehippie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:04 pm also I a stumped again on how to load pictures up on here I keep getting file too large every time I attempt to upload a picture
;)
The maximum picture size I think is 250 kilobytes, so before you attach, for most photos you have to resize the photo to a lower resolution. Even then, the pictures upload very slowly. My guess is the forum server only has limited storage capacity.

A lot of users upload their picture to a picture sharing site instead then provide a link to that in their forum post.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
orangehippie

Post by orangehippie »

hi GT 2 I have sorted the pictures now just need help on fitting the mountney boss now

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Post by james butler »

i think it has a large contact pad that makes a connection with the brass connector on the steering coloum
i would simply fit it and then try the horn and see if it works
i think it will

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
orangehippie

Re: fitting a mountney boss horn won't work

Post by orangehippie »

thanks James all ok now ...the problem was the small brass tag on the steering column it looked like it was touching the boss but was not ;)
a quick bend upwards and its all sorted

james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: fitting a mountney boss horn won't work

Post by james butler »

:vcool: glad to hear it

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!