Mk2 Moisture around carpet near door

Bodyshell and Panels; Fittings; Dashboards; Interiors; Bumpers; Light clusters front and rear (non electrical queries) Grilles and brightwork; Repairs including to bulkhead due to clutch cable pulling through
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
scirocco_ne
fill in the right answer: 15

Mk2 Moisture around carpet near door

Post by scirocco_ne »

Hello Ladies and Gents and Happy New year in advance.

I have just noticed that the carpet near the door (drivers) is damp.

Would this be the main door seal to blame or plastic one? It clearly looks like its gathering in one area as the sound matting is sodden there specifically. Thankfully not heater matrix been near the door so what you think?

Thanks
Mick

blakey
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk2 Moisture around carpet near door

Post by blakey »

It could be from the door or damaged/missing membrane, however when my windscreen was leaking, the water went straight to the rear floor area. So worth checking behind the dash for evidence of water leaks too.

'89 Sapphire Scala Inj.
Member No. 1455
scirocco_ne
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk2 Moisture around carpet near door

Post by scirocco_ne »

blakey wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:58 pm It could be from the door or damaged/missing membrane, however when my windscreen was leaking, the water went straight to the rear floor area. So worth checking behind the dash for evidence of water leaks too.
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was the membrane after my last post :pilot:

It was a very concentrated small patch right where the door corner area meets the floor carpet drivers side front .Thats why i assuned it was from directly above.

My car has this horrible spray adhesive down the gaps so its hard to pull away and inspect , is that standard?

This car also has a webasto sunroof :| Not my favourite addition to standard as it drips at high speed in heavy rain. Im fitting a vinyl roof later this year to match it and tidy the good awful bodge around the sunroof. I suspect the sunroof was fitted to hide roof damage a long time ago.