getting nothing!

For all electrical questions; Alternators including fitment; Light connections/wiring; Instruments; Gauges; MFA; Heater blower (not coolant related) issues etc etc.
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
81GTi
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: getting nothing!

Post by 81GTi »

lordy lord, stopped the leak, fitted the new fuse box(many thanks to MrBrown) brrrrrmmmm! started lovely, fixed? I thought so until I returned to it later this afternoon....zilch, battery drained. just as I found it yesterday.... :-( I had the original battery on charge so I slung that on and it won't start now, it turns over fine and fires but when its just about to fire into life everything just seems to stop, lock kind of, the starter stops turning, lights on dash go out...turn key off and back on again and a repeat performance. :dash:

answers on a post will be duly accepted and much appreciated.

Old Mac Rocco

Post by Old Mac Rocco »

Ignition switch ?????????????
Do a search "Ignition switch" on here for some clues to the problems it can cause.
:bye:

A heart broken GLI - R.I.P. A loveable GT. A practical Polo now deceased.
jimmy h

Post by jimmy h »

Hmmmm?

Just read your other thread about high tick-over, and thinking about your comment "Just seems to stop, lock kind of" (when turning over).

Are you sure the the distributer has not come lose and is turning and throwing out the timing or? have you got a Vacuum pipe off maybe?

Also I'm confused? have you now got two batteries you are using?

Make sure you are confident that one is a good one. I was starting to think that maybe you had a battery drain ie boot light on all the time or something.

But now you mention the high tick-over/slow cranking.......

81GTi

Post by 81GTi »

2 batteries running in cycle as I charge them up, will check the dizzy and pipes when I get back on with it shortly. Cheers

Just reading ignition switch thread bud. Cheers

jimmy h

Post by jimmy h »

Any Joy Craig?

81GTi

Post by 81GTi »

sorry bud, I took the dizzy cap off and i'm guessing it must have had some sort of private firework display in there,black and charred is the best description, put a fresh rotor and cap on and she fired up and purred. sue is back at work! :blush: