Non Scirocco - 1.8t n75 valve question

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Jack92
Site Admin
fill in the right answer: 15

Non Scirocco - 1.8t n75 valve question

Post by Jack92 »

Hi guys,

First of all I know this isn’t a direct question about Scirocco but I know a lot of you have done a 1.8t conversion so I’m sure someone will be able to help :-)

I have a track toy which is a seat Leon mk1 Cupra 1.8t.
I’ve just fitted a FMIC to it and when I was nearing the end noticed that there isn’t a flang on the turbo pipe for the n75 valve to connect to (the is one for the dv).

Obviously I could go down the route of having somebody either weld one on or cut and tap something but to be honest it sounds like a pain.

Do any of you know somewhere else I can take the boost source from for the valve?

I was thinking could a take a t piece from the dump valve or the fuel pressure reg and use that? My only concern is if I’m right (I may not be), these sections are post throttle and the normal pick up off the boost pipe is pre throttle.

Any suggestions are great as currently it’s blocking the garage sat on stands haha.

Thanks

Jack
South East

http://www.motorsportdiscounts.co.uk
Seat Leon 1.8T 20V - Track Car
VW Scirocco Scala 1.8 Inj - Toy
Ford Transit 2.0 - Work Horse

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk
Jack92
Site Admin
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Non Scirocco - 1.8t n75 valve question

Post by Jack92 »

Ok I’ve come to the conclusion it’s not the end of the world but it’s still a pain..

Does anyone know any decent alloy fabricators in the south east area?

Just trying to get a nipple or something welded to it for the hose to clamp to.

Cheers

Jack
South East

www.motorsportdiscounts.co.uk
Seat Leon 1.8T 20V - Track Car
VW Scirocco Scala 1.8 Inj - Toy
Ford Transit 2.0 - Work Horse

Jack
South East

VW Scirocco Scala MK2 1.8 Inj
Jaguar XE

www.jackgregory.me.uk