distributor adaptor ring

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
big_wig_074
fill in the right answer: 15

distributor adaptor ring

Post by big_wig_074 »

ive just been on the phone to TSR to order an adaptor ring for my 2.0 8v conversion, and they've stumped me. he said there were different sizes of ring? does anybody know the size of the ring required? I have a mk3 golf gti block and a mk2 golf gti (with vacuum advance) distributor.
thanks in advance.

oh, the engine is 30 plus miles from my house so I cant just pop out to check, im not being lazy! 8-)
obviously ill have to do it myself if no joy on here.

steve bain

Re: distributor adaptor ring

Post by steve bain »

i don't recall there being different sizes. Also i had a local machine shop make mine for a tenner...

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
big_wig_074

Post by big_wig_074 »

don't happen to have the diameters do you?

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

sorry mate. its been in my engine for years! a google should do it though. I also made up the blanking plate and used the original breather pipe, cut off all the extra bits and put a small filter on it. can take a pic if you like.

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
big_wig_074

Post by big_wig_074 »

that would be useful please mate, I don't fancy paying £40 for a blanking plate, I have a breather tank im going to use.

thanks very much

big_wig_074

Post by big_wig_074 »

all sorted, apparently the sales guy thought I was after the blanking plate!! theres 2 types of them(short and tall block)!!! all sorted in the end, £25 delivered. thanks for your help