Spark Plugs

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
jimmy h
fill in the right answer: 10

Spark Plugs

Post by jimmy h »

I can't remember the last time I changed mine on my Storm, but I'm guessing it was 20 years ago!!! I've had them out today and they are looking tired... It has the Bosch one's with the 3 prongs? Where can you get them from now, or alternative? I've done loads of searches on e bay," EG code 1.6 , 1980" etc... But I'm not finding what I want, loads with the single prong etc. I'm reluctant to go to my local Halfords and pay a fortune for something I'm not sure about..... I know there are a few bods on here who are expert at this sort of thing.

Nate

Re: Spark Plugs

Post by Nate »

Try putting the part number off one of your current plugs into evilbay and searching that

Check out my photostream on Flickr
'69 bay, '79 bay, '74 bug, '78 GLS, '91 GT2, '10 SAAB 9-3
unknownmale
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by unknownmale »

Sounds like you're using the Bosch WR56 ones. That's what I have. Can get them most places. Got mine from GSF

- David
sabre0699
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by sabre0699 »

Check the NGK catalogue online and it shows as BP7ES (Iridium is BPR7EIX) , if you then go onto www.sparkplug-crossreference.com and put that NGK number in it will give you any other options from all manufacturers.

FYI on my Corrado I went onto the Iridium equivalent , bought cheap off the web and they do make a difference on older cars with fairly rudimentary injection and ignition set ups

mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

Bosch 4 prong plugs I use in both my 1978 Mk1 Scirocco and 1988 Gti golf, they will fit your car.
Golf I have to unscrew the end cap as I have later HT leads and Scirocco I have to leave the cap on.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volks ... 3db&000301

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323