Engine mount stops

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
essextom
fill in the right answer: 10

Engine mount stops

Post by essextom »

Has anyone fitted an engine without those rubber party ring style stops. I've misplaced mine and wondering if I can get away with it. I've got a poly rear mount so I doubt there will be much longitudinal movement. So if anyone has fitted without has it caused any damage etc..?

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Engine mount stops

Post by mark1gls »

I did fit mine when I changed my engine last year but I don't really see the benefit of them as there is a few mm between the mount and engine mount and the engine will have to move quite a lot for them to hit each other. There is not a lot of strain on the side mounts it's the front and rear mount which takes most of the strain.
I guess you will be fine without them.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323