1.8T

For all Carb and Injection engines, standard or modified plus non-standard engine transplants. Heads; Blocks; Cooling (including heater issues related to the cooling system); Mounts etc
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
daveyg

1.8T

Post by daveyg »

Hi

Does anyone know if you need specially made engine mounts to fit in the 1.8T engine into a Mk 2 Scirocco?? Seen a couple of installs on here and would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks

GTXTRA
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: 1.8T

Post by GTXTRA »

http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/faq/ ... ngineswap/

worth talking to the Phirm (google them) about these conversions - they have done dozen incl mk1 golfs and at least one mk2 rocco.

Serial Rocco-ist.........
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I think you do need different mounts. mine has them. not sure where to get them from tho.
The phirm as GTXTRA says is a good place to ask.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!
daveyg

Post by daveyg »

Thanks for the replies, have enquired about fitment with the phirm. I know i need a transverse mounted engine rather than longitudanal (bad spelling :blush: ) but no idea re mounts. Hopefully they will be able to assist

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

done abit of reading... you need to make a custom mount for the drivers side. and if you are using a O2A box you need to change the side an rear mounts too. I'm glad mine came on the car, tried googling them, but no joy.

I'll see if i can find anything mate.

1991 Wide Arched Rieger Scirocco.....

Good things come to those who wait!!!!