Gaydon Spring Classics 2014

The Scirocco Register will store the threads with good photos and videos.
Tempest

Gaydon Spring Classics 2014

Post by Tempest »

What a gorgeous day it was, so off I went in my Corrado towards Gaydon (had the Mk1 Rocco out on an extended triplet yesterday) where the Spring Classics coincided with a slot car event inside the museum premises. Parked up next to an E-Type, till I spotted another Corrado, a bramble VR with a spot next to it, so parked my C next to it. Soon after our Cs attracted a further E-Type, ergo our Corrados attract E-Types :lol:

Met up with another 928-colleague and his 928 (wish I could have brought both the Corrado and my 928 now), had a few interesting chats with various folk whilst milling around the 2 Corrados, and then scooted off to the indoor slot car event. Never have I seen so many adult men become all childish again at the sight of so many slot-car related things, and indeed huge tracks. Most men seemed to have brought along their sons as an alibi :lol:

The most impressive stand I felt was a slot car drag strip where the 2 contestant cars shot off at such an incredible pace, never seen that before. I asked whether they were running a hidden nuclear powerplant to get the required juice into the tracks for that kind of acceleration :whistle:

Time for pics of the cars I snapped:

Tempest

My Mk1 Rocco, Rado and 928
Corrado Club of GB Events Manager