Mk1 wanted

Advertise here for Sciroccos sought - adding your LOCATION and an idea re how far you're willing to travel for the right Scirocco again helps you get a better response.

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Dave750rs
fill in the right answer: 15

Mk1 wanted

Post by Dave750rs » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 am

Looking for a MK1 scirocco any condition considered. They seem to be very scarce now !

chelsearob
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Mk1 wanted

Post by chelsearob » Mon May 25, 2020 3:30 pm

I have a 1979 Scirocco mk1 1.6 gls for sale

Under 85,000 miles recorded,tax and soon to be mot exempt.
Currently has mot until July but would easily pass another,so in perfectly roadworthy condition.
Original condition except coilovers and BBS RM wheels
Looking for £6000 or best offer

johnsws
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Mk1 wanted

Post by johnsws » Mon May 25, 2020 9:16 pm

I have a 1979 1.6 GLS auto in river blue metallic in my collection of cars. It is in very original condition and has only 23000 genuine miles. I bought it a few years ago from a gentleman who's Uncle had died. He had it for over thirty years and had last used it in 1983 so the car has only done 4 years of driving. I have sympathetically recommissioned it including new belts, plugs, filters, fuel lines, exhaust, tailgate struts, and a new fuel tank not that it needed one but I couldn't remove the 35 year old fuel from it which had turned into a thick tar!!! It has the original radio, no cracks in the dash or marks in any of the interior trim or holes cut in the shelf etc. Everything is present and correct although there are a few small marks on the paintwork from it's time in storage and a small dent in the front wing which I think will come out without painting. It does need new tyres as they are the original Michelin XZX's. There's plenty of tread but they are forty years old. The car drives perfectly since the recommissioning work and is a real "time warp" example. I have too many cars and hence will sell as I can't use them all. I don't really know the value but would have thought that it is worth a little more than the one listed above as it has such low mileage and has never been welded. Please give ,me a call if it is of interest. Thanks John 07774 430000 or 01242 898094
Dave, for clarity I have offered the car to another gentleman on the forum requesting a Mk1