Part number.

NEW section - if you're having a mare with Vagcat and need a quick answer stick your requests in here. Keep things simple and only reply if you know the correct answer.
Don't know German? look here
Forum rules
Be clear - e.g - Mk1 Bumper clips, Mk2 filler neck - 55l tank, Mk2 wiper motor (single wiper) - you get the drift?
G Beats
fill in the right answer: 10

Part number.

Post by G Beats »

We need the part number for a gearbox for DX Engine please.

Many thanks to all those who can help.

G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2. No longer have a mk 2 v.w Scirocco as it was stolen back in February 2020 .Or another one know have a 1980s BMW.
mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Part number.

Post by mark1gls »

Any 020 gearbox will fit but some have different gearing inside, so Mk1 Golf, Mk2 Golf as well as Scirocco.
If you look here you will find the code of the one fitted to your car if after a straight swop.

My Golf was fitted with a ACD gearbox with 100mm flanges and a 2 pin reversing light switch I've now changed to a 6W as that come with the rebuilt engine and was low mileage but I did have to change the flanges over as original they was 90mm and got the reversing light to work as the gearbox had a multi plug, all the info on this website.

http://brokevw.com/

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323