MK2 Rear view mirror

NEW section - if you're having a mare with Vagcat and need a quick answer stick your requests in here. Keep things simple and only reply if you know the correct answer.
Don't know German? look here
Forum rules
Be clear - e.g - Mk1 Bumper clips, Mk2 filler neck - 55l tank, Mk2 wiper motor (single wiper) - you get the drift?
davemac
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: MK2 Rear view mirror

Post by davemac »

ThomasD wrote:Mk3 Golf one in mine - no complaints. Way better than the original which kept falling off!
Hi, I've been looking on ebay for one, but the bit that is glued onto the windscreen never comes with them. Do you know where I could get one of these from and did you use epoxy to attach it?

Thanks,
Dave

steve bain

Post by steve bain »

you don't need the bit that glues to the screen. just use the scirocco stalk. the ball on the end fits the golf mirror. you just need to pop off the metal ring first, fit it and refit the metal ring. it will make sense once its in front of you...

My build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14083
Pirnmill207
fill in the right answer: 15

Post by Pirnmill207 »

Hi, I recently bought a new OEM mirror for our '86 GTX from VW Classic Parts Germany www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de part no. 443 857 511 01C €62.95 plus postage. Bit pricy but original and worth it to keep car as built.